DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Monday, November 9, 2015

211 -The next Generation- Part 16 : 801A/211 Towers

Hi!

The 'tower' version of the 211 mono blocks with 801A drivers have been almost finished since a while. The assembly process was already shown in part 12 of this series. The only thing missing was the enclosures. Now these are done and I can show the  final look of the amps.




The chassis have a footprint of 305*305mm and have an overall height of about 60cm. Here one of the amplifier sections:




One of the power supplies:





One channel, amplifier and power supply:







The entire set of 4 chassis:




Another view:





The backside showing all the connections:






Top view:





Some close ups:







The amps in operation:









Contact me if you are interested in such a set of 211 amplifiers. I only have one pair of the Tango output transformers for these left. But if that pair is used up, it will not be the end of 801A/211 amplifiers. A pair of output transformers is already in the works at Tribute transformers.




I will bring these amps to the ETF in Denmark which starts this week Thursday. I also plan to use them as demo amps during next years High End fair in Munich.

Best regards

Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment